Air Duct Cleaning Service
AC Air Duct Cleaning Service includes:
- Safe on all types of ducts
- Removal and clean each AC vent
- We Rotobrush and vacuum each duct up to 52′ with the newest ROTOBRUSH BrushBeast duct cleaning machine. It has double the vacuum power than the original Rotobrush duct cleaning machine. Rotobrush is safe on ALL types of ductwork with its soft bristle brushes that are strong enough to dislodge all particulates that are adhering to your A/C ductwork
- FREE Air Conditioning System inspection for visible microbial growth on coil and blower
Universal Air & Heat Ft Lauderdale FL uses state of the art Rotobrush equipment. Our qualified Ft. Laudrdale, Tamarac, Weston, Plantation, and Sunrise FL team of professional air conditioning, air duct cleaning technicians technicians can help eliminate microbes, spores, mildew and fungus to ensure that your air conditioning system is free of contaminants and bacteria.
Having your air conditioning – HVAC air ducts cleaned regularly will give your home or business a healthier, cleaner breathing environment.
AC Air Ducts
Your air conditioning system functions as the respiratory system of your Ft Lauderdale Florida home. Dust, dirt, pollen, animal dander and other airborne contaminants are pulled into your system every time your air conditioner runs. Over time, these contaminates build up inside your air conditioner duct-work, making your AC system a breeding ground for mold spores, bacteria, fungus, mildew, and other microbes, which are then re-circulated through your Tamarac Florida home, impacting the health and comfort of your family. Those who suffer from allergies, asthma or other respiratory ailments, especially children, the elderly and birds are vulnerable to the effects of indoor air pollution.
Can Your Air Ducts Make You Sick?
If you or your family has been experiencing unexplained symptoms or illnesses related to your home, the EPA recommends discussing the situation with your doctor. The EPA has published a guide on identifying possible indoor air quality problems and ways to prevent them (The Inside Story: A Guide to Indoor Air Quality). Many people have their air ducts cleaned annually as part of a regular household cleaning routine especially as the weather turns cooler in Ft Lauderdale, Sunrise, Plantation, Tamarac and Weston FL. Florida residents commonly experience a foul odor that is the result of dust and contaminants that have accumulated in the air conditioning system’s air handler throughout the year. Since the rest of our home accumulates dirt and dust it makes sense that air ducts will get dirty over time and should be cleaned like everything else. In most situations and annual air duct cleaning is all that is needed.
Did You Know…
50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air. (American College of Allergists) Levels of air pollution inside the home can be 2 to 5 times higher, and occasionally 100 times higher, than outdoor levels. (Environmental Protection Agency) One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to the fungi and bacteria in air duct systems. (Health Magazine)
Reasons to Have your Air Ducts Cleaned:
Other then health concerns, air ducts need cleaning for many other reasons. Air ducts are often cleaned in response to a specific event such as a leak or excessive dust from home remodeling. Many homeowners have their air ducts cleaned regularly because of environmental factors related to where they live, the age of your air conditioning system, age and health of your home’s occupants, whether people smoke in the home and if you have pets living in the home. Annual air duct cleaning is a pro-active approach to your family’s health. Many bird owner are well aware of the need for regular air duct cleaning due to the excessive amount of dust in the environment caused by many common species such as Cockatoos, Cockatiels and African Greys. Since our birds are living in a confined indoor environment and have very sensitive respiratory systems it is important for both human and avian health to schedule regular air duct cleaning.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends having your air ducts cleaned if:
- There is visible mold growth inside your air ducts or on other components of your heating and cooling system
- Your ducts are infested with rodents or insects – cleaning will remove them and whatever attracted them to your ducts
- Your ducts are clogged or air flow is severely restricted
- Recent home remodeling – if you recently completed a home remodeling project that created a lot of dust (saw dust, demolition, dry wall work, etc.) – cleaning will prevent the dust from being distributed throughout the rest of your home.
- If you find mold during a home renovation (in walls or ceilings – mold likes drywall) or when removing old carpet (mold is often found under carpet, in the carpet pad or on wood under the carpet) turn off your heating or cooling system immediately and try to seal off the room where you found the mold to prevent it from spreading to other parts of your home. If the mold problem is severe and you are concerned that it has contaminated your heating and cooling system or duct work you may want to consult and air duct cleaner to determine if your air ducts need cleaning.
- Residents have asthma or allergies – health concerns related to dust, mold, pollen, pet dander, etc.
- Water has entered the duct work from a pipe break, storm, fire, etc.
- During routine cleaning of HVAC components mold was found or significant amounts of dust and debris was released into the duct system that the homeowner does not want distributed throughout their home by their duct system