Air Conditioning Unit Check Up
Our 24 Point AC Preventative Maintenance Check Up Will Help to Ensure Your Air Conditioner Runs at Peak Performance All Year Long
Universal Air and Heat offers the most comprehensive preventative maintenance and AC Unit inspection in the industry in Miami, Broward, Palm Beach and Tampa Florida.
- Check electrical connections and general wiring.
- Check refrigerant levels. Make sure there are appropriate pressures for efficient AC use.
- Check condition of condenser coil. Check fins for proper airflow.
- Check condenser fan motor.
- Check for leaks around service valves. Tighten if needed.
- Check electrical disconnect.
- Check condition of insulation on the suction line.
- Make sure reversing valve on heat pump works.
- Check low voltage wiring on condenser unit.
- Check amperage on compressor.
- Check or clean filters, some units have two filters.
- Inspect air handler for visible microbial growth on coils and fan blower.
- Check condition of evaporator in Air Handling Unit
- Check fins for proper airflow.
- Check drain lines in all drain pans.
- Put drain tablets in evaporator section to keep drains clean and clear.
- Check capacitors.
- Check contactors.
- Check low voltage wiring in the entire system
- Check supply air plenum for visible air leaks.
- Check operation via thermostat (both heat and AC modes).
- Check electric heat strips in Air Handler Unit.
- Check burner if unit has gas heat.
- Check Delta T reading across evaporator coil.
When you sign up for our annual maintenance contract, we will come out twice per year and and perform a complete air conditioning system Tune Up, which includes our comprehensive 24 point check up. You will also receive unlimited air conditioning service calls at no charge* ($49 value) and savings on parts and labor in the event repairs are needed.
*After hours emergency service will incur additional charges